Follow us:

Twitter Facebook

Has your council
taken Alan's Challenge?

Click here to read the guidelines we want councils to adopt.

Unless your verge is on a major trunk road (motorways and some A roads), its management is the responsibility of your local Highways Authority. This will be your district, county or unitary authority, depending on the local situation. They may delegate the work – for example, to your Parish Council or to local contractors – but essentially “the buck stops with them.”

Take a look at the map below and find out which covers your area. Click on their icon or enter your postcode. Have they taken Alan’s Challenge? If so, you can send them a letter of thanks. If not, you can throw down the challenge yourself.